Solar Energy Monitor (EW4009)
Track the energy consumption and cost across your home, and monitor the power output of your solar panels.
Additional Sensor Clamps
Buy two of these if you have three phase power.
USB Data Cable
For download of energy monitor data to your computer. See our FAQ page for more information.
What’s in the box?
- Instruction manual (PDF copy here: EW4009 Instruction Manual 3.6MB)
- Display screen (this goes inside your home in a convenient location)
- Transmitter unit for household consumption (sits in your meter box)
- Current sensor clamp (this goes around the cable on the consumption side of your main switch)
- Quick reference manual
- Plug pack for display screen
- Transmitter unit for solar production (sits in your meter box)
- Current sensor clamp (this goes around the cable on the AC output side of your solar inverter)
- Batteries for display screen (so you can carry it around as you switch your appliances on and off)
Display screen preview
The image below shows the main modes of the EW4009′s display screen. Click to enlarge.
- Electricity tariffs = three for house and one for solar
- 3 phase compatible = yes
- Display screen power = mains plug (< 1 watt) or 3 x AAA batteries (included)
- Transmitter power = 2 x C batteries (included) with 2+ year lifetime
- Transmitter range = 30 metres
- Maximum current = 100 amps
- See also our frequently asked questions.
How to install
This solar energy monitor will need to be installed by a qualified electrician in most cases. To successfully use this monitor you will need to be able to completely isolate your ‘household consumption’ from ‘solar production’ at your meter board. This is an example of how the unit can be installed:
- The “HOUSE” sensor/transmitter should be installed on the consumption only side of the main power switch at your meter board. It will only pick up your consumption – it doesn’t matter whether that consumption is being supplied by the solar panels or the grid.
- Next, the “SOLAR” sensor/transmitter is installed on the AC output side of the inverter. It will measure solar PV production.
- Finally, the display screen calculates a NET value of the above readings and will show you the approximate amount of power being exported to or imported from the grid.
Product Satisfaction GUARANTEE
If you are unsatisfied with an item, we’ll pay for return postage and send you a full refund (available within 30 days of your order).
FREE DELIVERY on Additional Items
Delivery with Australia Post or Fast Way Couriers is just $7.95, no matter how much you order. Order before 2pm for same day dispatch.
Easy, Fast and SECURE Payments
Checkout on-line to pay with your Credit Card or PayPal. Call us on 1300 139 996 to pay over the phone or by direct deposit.
Do you have a question?
See our energy monitor FAQ page or contact us.