Would you like to know the real cost of running your appliances?
The Steplight Power Meter gives you accurate and easy to understand information about your power consumption. Uncover your energy hungry appliances and start reducing your bills!
You could save $100′s by using this Power Meter
Here are some energy guzzlers and associated savings identified with this meter:
- One desktop computer set-up was found to use 22 watts in standby (costing $40 per year when it was not even being used).
- Reducing a particular pool pump’s run-time by just two hours per day was found to save $237 per year.
- A sound system’s sub-woofer was found to use 10 watts in standby (costing $20 per year unused).
- A dishwasher’s lower temperature setting was found to use 0.4 kWh less per load saving the household $36 per year.
“I was pleasantly surprised with how easy the Steplight Power Meter was to use. It appears to be reasonably accurate, unlike some other meters. I’ve identified the real power hogs in my house, and have taken steps to make sure that they’re always off when not in use.”
- Ben (Beldon, Western Australia)
“It’s working brilliantly. I now know that my TV uses far more power in standby than I expected!”
- Nic (Masterton, New Zealand)
Stop energy wastage and start saving
This power meter measures the power consumption of any appliance plugged into a standard power outlet.
It can also measure a group of appliances plugged into a single power board. Use it to uncover how much each of your appliances cost to run.
- Measures from 1 to 2,400 watts.
- Also reports usage in kilo-watt hours (kWh) – what you are billed for.
- Tracks actual cost by entering your electricity tariff.
- Measures voltage, current, Power Factor and frequency (50 or 60Hz).
- Displays watts (W) and voltage (V) to one decimal place. It shows kilowatt-hours (kWh) and current in amps (A) to three decimal places.
“Easy to read, simple to set. Good product. Thanks!”
- Richard (Vasse, Western Australia)
It also has these additional features:
- In-built timer to track appliance run-time.
- Internal battery ensures data is not lost when unplugged.
- Accuracy of measurements are +/- 1%.
- Power consumption of the meter is less than 0.5 watts
- It can be used with an extension cord
The unit comes with printed instructions. Click here to download the power meter user manual (PDF).
This is an accurate Power Meter
The Power Meter pictured on the left has been spotted at major hardware stores, supermarkets and online. It is usually priced between $20 and $40. But, it is not reliably accurate (and the screen is hard to read). It can miss sizable electrical loads (falsely reporting 0 consumption), while others are overstated.
For example, we have seen a 5 watt load displayed as 30 watts on this less accurate power meter.
On the other hand, the Steplight /Watts Clever unit described above has the benefit of being relatively inexpensive and accurate.
“Fantastic product, reads accurately unlike others at the same price!”
- Bradley (Urangan, Queensland)
Steplight Power Meter
Why not buy two or more? Or contact us for wholesale pricing above 10 units.
Add a 1m extension cord
The power meter is easier to read when used on the end of a short extension lead.
“Nice unit, well packed, quickly shipped.”
- Ralf (Marananga, South Australia)
Special Combo Offer!
Get an EW4008 Wireless Energy Monitor plus Plug-in Power Meter for just $89.95 (usually $104.90 if purchased separately).
Are you looking for a high-end professional energy auditing tool? Click here for more information on the Power Mate Lite.
Product Satisfaction GUARANTEE
If you are unsatisfied with an item, we’ll pay for return postage and send you a full refund (available within 30 days of your order).
FREE DELIVERY on Additional Items
Delivery with Australia Post or Fast Way Couriers is just $7.95, no matter how much you order. Order before 2pm for same day dispatch.
Easy, Fast and SECURE Payments
Checkout on-line to pay with your Credit Card or PayPal. Call us on 1300 139 996 to pay over the phone or by direct deposit.
Do you have a question?
See our power meter frequently asked questions or contact us.